Bookmark and Share

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meet my New Baby Chicks

I have this sort of hobby. I raise fancy breeds of chickens. Yesterday I received a brand new shipment of baby chicks. They are now three days old. They were doing fine, but last night three died and another tonight, but it looks like the rest are going to make it.

Chickens are the nicest pet to raise, they are beautiful and relaxing to look at and they give eggs so I don't have to buy any. The babies will look much like the fluffy chickens on the second half of the video.

The funny looking birds at the end are guineas and though wild, since they spend the first two months of their life inside the house, under a heating lamp, they don't run away from home and they actually are very attached to people.

No comments: